Become a certified Biblical counselor through the Association of Biblical Counselors.
In-person certification provides students with the training to become a Level 1 Certified Biblical Counselor (ABC1) through the Association of Biblical Counselors. Classes will meet approximately once per month for 8 sessions. Training consists of lecture/discussion, case study review, assessments, collaboration, supervision, and a national conference. Once your certification process is completed, you will become a certified Biblical counselor and can renew your membership annually.
For those who want all of the training and online classroom collaboration, but don’t want full certification, Connection Point Biblical Counseling offers an enrichment track in both our online and in-person training. Enrichment helps prepare ministry leaders and interested followers of Jesus to learn about various counseling-related issues that include depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, and sexuality. All students in the Enrichment track fully participate in class discussions and case study reviews.
Virtual certification provides all of the training, materials, assessments, and collaboration necessary to become a Level 1 Certified Biblical Counselor (ABC1) through the Association of Biblical Counselors. Training will combine home study, online discussion and eight live virtual sessions which will emphasize enhanced discussion of case studies and counseling- related topics. You will be responsible to complete all necessary assignments, allowing you to renew your membership annually.
ETC Level 1 is designed to equip followers of Christ with the ability to apply the gospel in personal and specific ways to the heart and struggles of others. We will address both the theology and practice of gospel-centered counseling. Participants will be prepared to minister effectively to individuals, couples, and families with a biblical perspective on change in the context of community. Issues such as addictions, anxiety, anger, and depression will be covered. This course is excellent for Pastors, lay counselors, small group/missional community leaders, ministry staff, and anyone wanting to learn how to better care for others.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of the Christian life that includes active involvement in a community of believers.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of counseling that emphasizes the call of all believers to take part in the work of counseling and discipleship.
- Understand what makes biblical counseling distinct.
- Participate in live Group Teaching Sessions
- Have access to a Certified Biblical Counselor mentor
- Attend a national Biblical Counseling Conference either remotely or in person. Conference registration is included in tuition fees.
- Interact with a cohort and participate in live discussion
- Get specific feedback on your assignments
- Enjoy accountability and community learning
- Acquire a basic understanding of the general and specific meaning and methods of biblical counseling.
- Practice counseling with feedback
- Learn about various counseling-related issues that include depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, and sexuality.
Level 1 Certification Tuition (in-person and online)—$1650
ABC Application (payable to ABC)—$25 fee
Second term, each class participant will choose a person who is willing to be biblically counseled using the information and skills the class participant is currently developing. This offers hands-on opportunities for tangible application and student growth.
Reading & Journal
Each week’s assignment will include articles and additional resources for further learning and personal development. During second semester, in addition to the required practicum, a biblical counseling journal will be used to record and document student development and growth while practicing and applying what is being learned in a biblical counseling session.
Course participants are expected to complete all weekly reading and assignments, attend or watch the live teaching and discussions, and interact with your cohort. Estimated time to completion is 8 months with a commitment of at least 5 hours weekly. Students must remain an ABC member for us to recognize certification upon completion.