What you do is important.
What you do is hard.
You are not alone.
We are here to help.
Counseling can be a lonely venture. Often we wonder if our counsel is wise or if others might have more insight. Just as iron sharpens iron, we sharpen our skills best in community. Connection Point is excited to offer online Consultation Groups to bridge the gap that exists between training and individual practice.
Who should join a consultation group?
- Connection with the broader biblical counseling community
- Deeper insight into challenging cases
- Methodology and resource sharing
- Practical application of theology to life
- How to avoid mistakes in helping others
- How to develop lay counselors in your church
- Encouragement and support in your calling
- Navigating transitions on and off the field for you and your family
- Learn to connect with people in the challenges of life
- Ten bi-monthly Zoom meetings
- One hour sessions
- Group size limited to 8 counselors
- $300 for ten sessions
- Groups led by Angela Shelton, founder of Connection Point/MA Counseling/Doctoral student or Joe Brinkmann, Connection Point counselor, MA Counseling
Not sure you’re ready to commit to a group? Need help wth a single case? We have two options for that:
1. One-on-one consultation with one of our counselors ($80/one hour session)
2. Submit your case to our counselors for case study review.
You will zoom in to our weekly staff meeting where we will discuss your case. This gives you wisdom from a multitude of counselors (Prov 15:22) Cost is $80.